Caramelized Banana Pudding cups is an easy way to cheat a bit and make something like Banana’s Foster.
Banana’s Foster is made with ice cream and a caramel sauce with rum. It is AMAZING. This is a little easier to make in my opinion and doesn’t have the alcohol.
Plus, when you make the meringue and brown it, it is such a beautiful presentation! I have also found that people who think they don’t like bananas even love this recipe!
- 4 large Bananas sliced
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 48 Vanilla Wafers
- ¼ cup Butter
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs separated
- Preheat oen to 325.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium.
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar and cook until bubbling.
- Add bananas and cook 3 minutes until heated.
- Combine ¾ cup sugar, flour, 2 whole eggs, milk, and 4 egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium low heat 10 minutes or until it gets the texture of pudding (whisk constantly).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Place half the banana mixture in 8 oven proof dishes.
- Top each with half the pudding then half the wafers.
- Repeat another layer of each.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Slowly add ¼ cup sugar while beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over dishes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meringue peaks are golden.