And, they are YUMMY.
This is all you are going to need:
But, don’t think you can’t add anything to them. This is a basic cookies recipe. You can add chips, candy and more if you want. But you don’t need to. Have I confused you?
Now, pretend I posted these last week… the picture below is an idea of what you COULD do, if you were to frost them. I included the recipe for the frosting. The kids helped with making them, and used the Edible Markers to write the time and any wording you might want!
- ½ cup Butter softened.
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla.
- 1 cup Flour
- ⅓ cup Cocoa
- 1 Egg
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix together cocoa, baking soda, flour and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add in your cocoa mixture and beat well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Transfer to pastry bag and pipe pattern on cookies.