Chocolate Peppermint Cake is a great way to use that bundt pan you have sitting in the cupboard that you never use If you are like me I pull it out just a few times a year.
This is a super simple cake that can be make in a 9×13, but to make it extra special and for a really nice presentation at Christmas time, use that bundt pan!
This cake is super easy because you can use a cake mix to save some time. Of course if you have an awesome chocolate cake recipe you can use that in place, then just add the peppermint.
- 1 box Dark Chocolate Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- 3 Eggs (follow box)
- 1 cup Water (follow box)
- ⅓ Cup Oil (follow box)
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 8 oz Semi Sweet Morsels
- 4 oz Heavy Cream
- 10 Peppermint candies
- Follow Box directions to mix cake for bundt pan, but add peppermint extract to batter.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Place morsels in microwave safe bowl.
- Add heavy cream.
- Heat in 30 second increments and then stir until shiny and well blended.
- If mixture seems too thick add a bit more cream.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over cake allowing it to drizzle down sides.
- Crush peppermint candies in food processor.
- Sprinkle over chocolate ganache as a garnish.