Forget your regular BLT sandwich, try this crispy prosciutto sandwich with caramelized onions instead!
It takes just a few minutes to mix up the sauce, but it is so worth it! Toss it in the fridge and use it on other sandwiches as well.
The problem in my house, is that all the prosciutto kept getting eaten as I was cooking it up!
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- 8 slices Prosciutto
- 1 small Onion Sliced
- 1 ibsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tomato Sliced
- several sprigs of parsley
- Chipolte Aoili:
- 8 oz Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1½ tsp Chipoltle Pepper in Adobo
- Blend Mayonnaise, chipoltle and garlic. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Toast bread and spread with aoili.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Place prosciutto in skillet for about 2 minutes until it is crispy.
- Place 4 slices of meat on each sandwich.
- Place onion in pan and cook until onion is caramelized.
- Place onion on top of prosciutto.
- Top with several sprigs of parsley and tomato slices.