These fun and easy Grinch Crinkle Cookies are such a crowd pleaser! I am sure you have had the traditional chocolate ones and know how easy they are to make. These are just as simple and even easier using a cake mix.
The cake mix batter will be very thick, this is a good thing as you do NOT want to touch it with your hands when I has that much food coloring in it!
If you have a cookie scoop, I used my .5 T scoop, you can use that to keep it off your hands. Or use 2 tablespoons to roll them into balls. This is the hardest part of the entire process and it isn’t really hard at all!
- 18.25 oz Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together corn starch and powdered sugar in a shallow dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter cake mix and eggs (this will be thick).
- Add enough green food coloring to get bright green (a lot).
- In order to keep from getting your hands all green, use 2 spoons to gather up a chunk of dough and drop into the sugar starch mixture.
- Roll around with the spoons to cover well. Then pick up and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Make sure you don’t place too close as they will spread out some.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes untile they puff up.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for several minutes before transfering to cooling rack.