It is so easy to make your own homemade fruit rollups! I used to make them all the time and have gotten out of the habit. But they are delicious and you can use any kind of sweetener that you want.
This time I also lined my pan with Saran Wrap, but you can also use a silpat mat just as easily, in fact they often work better.
The Saran Wrap won’t melt because it is at such a low heat in the oven so don’t worry. When it comes out I use a pizza cutter to trim the edges. Then flip it over onto some parchment paper and peel the saran wrap off. Then you can cut them into strips and roll up! you need some kitchen inventory which you can acquire from the Spotlight catalogue. Of course, Americans can also find them on a Kroger Weekly Ad.
- 3 Cups of Fruit (I used Strawberries)
- Sugar (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 170
- Line a cookie sheet that has a lip with plastic wrap (be sure to overlap your sides).
- Puree your fruit in food processor until smooth consistency.
- Add sweetener of your choice (I used sugar) and sweeten to taste.
- Pour mixture on to prepared cookie sheet about ⅛” thick.
- Bake for 6-8 hours. Wait until your center is no longer tacky.
- Lift plastic wrap out of cookie sheet and place on the countertop to cool.
- Flip over onto parchment paper.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Cut into strips and roll.