I have had Jello Popcorn a few times but had never made it. But I love any kind of popcorn and so have always wanted to give this a try.
Last Friday we had a Halloween party and it just seemed like the right time. I wanted orange and obviously the flavor was orange… It turned out really pretty! I didn’t make popcorn balls out of it but as I was making it I could see how easy it would be just to simply make them into popcorn balls.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup Light corn syrup
- 1 box (4 serving) Jello
- Pop popcorn either with an air popper or in the microwave. Use the no butter kind. I did mine in an air popper.
- Leave the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Line a large cookie sheet with edges with wax paper or a silpat sheet.
- Melt butter, sugar and Corn Syrup in a medium saucepan, then add Jello.
- Bring to a bowl over medium heat stirring frequently. Once the mixture comes up to a boil. Start watching the clock for 4-5 minutes.
- You want to bring the mixture to 240 or soft ball stage.
- When it reaches that temp, pour syrup over pop corn and quickly stir to coat all the popcorn.
- Pour the coated popcorn out on cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.